Saturday, July 6, 2013

Gold and Pink Chevron and Flower

Share it Please


This cake was an absolute NIGHTMARE!!!

 I don't know if there was something wrong with the fondant or if I was having a really bad day, but nothing was working right.

First, the fondant kept tearing as I covered the bottom layer.  For those who have never worked with fondant, it is a huge pain in the a** to remove fondant from a chocolate frosted cake.  I finally had to give up and put a second layer of fondant on the bottom.  I was pretty frazzled after just covering one tier.

Second, the chevron print decided to rip as I was applying it.  The worst part about that was that I spent 1/2 hour delicately cutting it in one long strip.  So that had to be redone along with some improv to conceal tears that I couldn't otherwise cover.


By the time I got to the top tier I didn't care that there were wrinkles in the fondant, I was just happy it was still in one piece!  Then I sprayed it gold.  This was a new thing for me and I really liked the result.  What I wasn't prepared for was that it was a bit tacky after it dried so I couldn't fix the fact that it is tilting slightly. 

The flower was my redemption.  It was beautiful!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

view sourceprint?1 2

Follow The Author